Yin Yoga: Bridging Body and Mind
This 6-week course combines elements from the Sarah Power’s teacher training that I attended in Greece. The course will include:
* Generating a strong intention and motivation
* Breathing for stress relief
* Yang sequences to bring strength and flexibility to the musculature of the body
* Yin poses for stretching the fascia and releasing deeper blocks
* Yin sequences for organ health (kidneys, lungs, bladder, heart, liver etc) and for facing challenges with grace
* Mindfulness practices to draw body, heart and mind together
* Dedicating the benefit we gain to help those around us
This new course will be based on six 1.5 hour yoga sessions, to give us time to explore the practices in greater depth. You will receive supplementary support, including weekly emails with home practices, online articles, as well as a CD of Mindful Yoga sessions.
Four Foundations of Mindful Yoga
This course is a yoga adaptation of the Four Foundations of mindfulness (from the Anapanasati sutra). Over four classes, we will look into:
* Mindfulness of the Body
* Mindfulness of Feelings
* Mindfulness of the Mind
* Mindfulness of the Objects of Mind
In order to support you to develop your own daily practice, I will provide a CD of recordings on these four aspects, allowing you to develop your own practice, after attending the taught course.
Yoga as Antidote
When daily life is giving us information overload, a discursive, spiralling mind, stress, tension and shallow breath…. then it is time for Yoga as Antidote. This series of mindful yoga will offer simplicity, groundedness and the chance to move back home into the body, where we can cool and soothe our overstimulated nervous system and deepen our abdominal breathing. We will drop into a space to quieten the surface mind, allowing thoughts and feelings to flow through. Autumn and winter are the seasons for turning in, and we can explore 2500 year old ways of bringing calmness to the body and greater tranquility to the mind.
Loving Kindness Yoga
Starting A 4-week yoga course, covering the Four Immeasurables, through movement and meditation: Loving Kindness, Compassion, Joy and Equanimity.
I will guide you through 5 weeks of practices for:
- Calming and soothing our body, heart and mind
- Accessing insight into our triggers and the habits that keep us trapped
- Remembering that our true human nature is kindness, compassion and joy
- Smoothing the highs and lows to find a more peaceful state of equanimity
Through yoga and mindfulness practices we will start developing the ‘Four Immeasurable’ qualities of loving-kindness, compassion, joy and equanimity. By recognizing that these aspects of ourselves are always close at hand, we will build confidence in our ability to live with presence. By connecting with a supportive community of fellow travellers, we will find help along this challenging, yet fulfilling spiritual path.